Cod is one of the best fish to fry! We fried it in roulade with colorful veggies.
Ingredients (serving size: 2)
2ea cod fillets
1cup each carrot, onion, Asian chives (julienned)
frying mix (or flour)
salt & pepper
Dipping sauce : pork cutlet sauce 2 tbsp, mustard 1/2tsp, lemon juice 1tsp
1. First, soak fillets in mirin or lemon juice for 15minutes and pat dry. Salt and pepper to taste, dredge inside of the fillets in flour. The flour will help seal in moisture to protect the food from the high cooking heat.
2. Place veggies onto the fillets, roll it up nicely. Tide it up with cooking twine or skewers.
3. This time, place flour in a shallow bowl plate, dredge outside & sides of fillets in flour, then beaten eggs, then bread crumbs. Use your hands to pat coating gently. Take out the twine before frying.
4. Heat the oil until the end of a wooden spoon bubbles, about 375F. Fry the roulade until it's golden brown.
5. Cut them into 1 inch when it’s still hot. Make the dipping sauce with mixing the sauce ingredients to serve with it.
Take a break from fish N chips. Try the fresher and tastier way to eat fried cod.