Sweet and sour beef on a stick. It's easier to eat, have cuter looks!
Ingredients(Serving size : 2)
2lb. Beef sirloin (pork or tofu can be substituted.)
2 cups mirin
1 egg white
1 cup starch
¼ cup rice flour
Optional ) 2cups chopped rice cakes, skewers
salt & pepper
Sauce: 2cups water, 2tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp vinegar, 4tbsp sugar, sliced carrots, bell peppers, lemon, onion, cucumbers and pineapples
1. Cut 2LB beef into rectangle and thick shape. Season with salt & pepper and soak in 2cups mirin for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix 1cup of starch, ¼ cup rice flour, 1 cup of water and 1 egg white to make a batter. Starch makes the batter crispy, rice cake makes it chewy!
3. Pour mirin out from beef after soaking, pat dry. Heat oil in a deep frying pan to 365 degrees F. Dip beef into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil. Fry beef until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
4. Stir-fry 2 cups chopped rice cakes using sesame oil.
5. Let’s make our sweet and sour sauce! Boil 2 cups water with 2tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp vinegar and 4tbsp sugar. When you can see bubbles in a pot, put some sliced carrots, bell peppers, onion, cucumbers and pineapples. You can add 2 or 3 slices of lemon as the last if you want fresh sour taste.
6. Thread the fried beef and rice cakes onto skewers. (You can skip this step if you don’t have skewers.)
7. Enjoy in two ways!
Pour the sauce: you can get soft outside and more taste of sauce.
Dip the sauce: you will have more crispy texture and beef flavor itself.