Treat yo’ self to the ultimate KFC (Korean Fried Chicken)! It’s crunchy, sweet, and irresistible. Finger lickin’ good.
Ingredients (serving size: 3)
15 Chicken wings
2 each red & green pepper (chopped)
5tbsp Potato Starch
2tbsp Sweet rice flour
1tbsp Chili oil
4cups Vegetable oil
1tbsp Soy sauce
2tsp Minced garlic
Sauce: Sugar 1tbsp, Water 2tbsp, Soy sauce 1tbsp, Honey 1tbsp
Garnish: Crushed peanut
1. First, clean chicken wings, then add mirin, soy sauce, and minced garlic. Mix well and store in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix potato starch and sweet rice flour. Put each chicken wing in the bowl. Press the mixture on the wings. Coat thoroughly.
3. Heat the vegetable oil to 360F on high heat. Put the wings and lower the heat to medium-heat. Fry for 15 minutes. Make sure you stir occasionally so the wings don’t’ stick on the bottom or to each other.
4. On a wok, stir-fry red and green pepper with chili oil for 30 seconds on medium heat. Add all the sauce ingredients and stir for 30 more seconds.
5. Drop the wings to the wok, and mix well until the sauce is soaked.
6. Garnish with crushed peanuts. Serve warm.