Give into your cravings with this easy Kimchi stew!
Ingredients(Serving size: 2)
10~15 kimchi leaves
2 lb. pork shoulder
2 cups julienned onion
Stew seasoning : 1 tbsp soy bean paste, 2 tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp minced ginger, 2 cups water, scallion, chili pepper, salt & pepper, 2~3 pieces kombu (optional)
1. Cut pork shoulder into thick and rectangle. Sear them on high heat until all sides are golden brown. While searing, season each side with salt and pepper.
2. Wrap up a piece of pork with an each kimchi leave. Save some pork and chop it up for topping.
3. Using same skillet, layer with julienned onion, then wrapped pork with kimchi, and top with some chopped pork.
4. Add stew seasoning, cover with lid and boil it for 15 minutes over medium-high heat. After 15 minutes, take out kombu and add some chopped scallion and chili peppers. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes more.
5. Cut into bite size with a scissor. Serve hot with a bowl of cooked rice. This is so easy yet too delicious. If you are a fan of kimchi and pork, you must try!