We made Korean BBQ with pork belly. It's one of the most popular choices for the grill and when complimented by other ingredients, there's nothing quite like it! Highly recommended!
IngredientsGrilled skewers : 3 bell peppers, 1 red onion, beef sirloin, whole garlic, king oyster mushrooms
For the grill : indoor grill, pork belly, shrimp, garlic, white mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, kimchi, onion, asparagus, scallion
Condiments : sea salt, black pepper, dill, rosemary, ssamjang, sesame oil dipping sauce
For ssam : red leaf lettuce, perilla leaves
1. Cut the beef and other ingredients into cubes and then skewer them. Lightly season them with herbs, sea salt, and black pepper.
2. You can use thick or thin cuts of pork belly! If you are using thick cuts, score them with a knife and then season them with herbs, sea salt, and black pepper.
3. Score the sausages and cut the kimchi into bite-sized pieces. (You can also purchase precut kimchi)
4. We used a versatile electric indoor grill by Hello Home.
5. Preheat the grill for about a minute and then lightly coat the surface with cooking oil. Begin grilling your ingredients!
*Quick tip : Remove the mushrooms’ stem to get rid of excess dirt and soak the shrimps in mirin prior to cooking to remove their odor.6. When the pork belly turns golden brown, cut them into bite-sized pieces, and let them fully cook! Enjoy your pork belly with red leaf lettuce, perilla leaf, ssamjang, sesame oil dipping sauce, and other ingredients to fully relish your ssam experience.