H Mart meets Chef Woo Kim at Dons Bogam. Check out his tips for grilling
Korean BBQ and marinate sauce recipe! Full recipe is below!
“Ingredients grown in the American environment need to be adjusted
in order to mimic the Korean taste.”
Marinated Beef Platter / 양념 소고기 모듬구이
14 oz Short Ribs (½ for Marinated Short Ribs, ½ for Spicy Marinated Short Ribs)
7 oz Rib Eye
1 Kiwi, blended
1 tsp Sake
1½ tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 tsp Special Soy Sauce
Special Soy Sauce
1 oz Soy Sauce
3 oz Water
1 oz Sugar
¼ Asian Pear
1. Blend soy sauce, water, sugar, onion, and Asian pear to make special soy sauce.
2. Add 1.3 ounces of special soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon kiwi, ½ teaspoon sake,
¼ teaspoon sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
onto the 7 ounces of short ribs. Massage the meat thoroughly.
3. Repeat step 2 with rib eye.
4. Repeat step 2 with the remaining 7 ounces of short ribs. Add 2 tablespoons of
red pepper flakes and ½ teaspoon jalapeno.
5. Now it’s ready for grilling! Grill on high heat and flip immediately
when you see the juice.