The fried ribs are good itself, but they become impossibly yummy with this crazy-delish sauce. Must try! Do NOT miss out.
Ingredients(serving size: 3)
2lbs short ribs
1/2 cup corn starch
1 Bay leaf
5-10 black pepper
1tbsp minced garlic
1tsp ginger powder
Sauce: 1/2 minced onion, 1 hot pepper, 1 red pepper, 1tbsp minced garlic, 4tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp sugar, 5tbsp water, 4tbsp corn syrup
1. Clean short ribs by cutting out excessive fat and cut to pieces. Bring a large pot of water to boil and blanch short ribs for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, put cooked short ribs, minced garlic, ginger powder, mirin and ground pepper. Mix well. Store in a refrigerator for 20 minutes or until it cools down completely.
3. Coat the marinated short ribs with corn starch thoroughly. Take time to coat them individually for extra crispiness.
4. Fry the short ribs until they become crispy and golden brown.
5. Make the perfect sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients above. Drop around 2tbsp of cooking oil when you start cooking them.
6. Put fried short ribs to the sauce pan directly and put sauce on the ribs. Mix until all the sauce is absorbed to each ribs.
7. Serve warm.