Looking for a special Halloween snack for your party? Try this healthy, cute, and fun snack recipe. Your friends will be surprised!
Ingredients(serving size: 12-15each)
2tbsp Heavy cream
3tbsp minced walnut
2cup bread crumb
Salt & pepper
Garnish: nude pepero, curly parsley
1. Peel and cut the pumpkin to smaller sizes. In a large pot, put pumpkin and pour little bit of water, barely covering the surface of the pot. Put the lid on, and steam until the pumpkins get mushy. Make sure to put the heat to medium-low, so the bottom doesn’t burn.
2. Drain all the water from the pumpkin and move to a mixing bowl. Mash them until you don’t have any chunks. When the pumpkin cools down, add heavy cream, walnut, and 1 cup of bread crumb. Put salt and sugar to taste. Mix well with a spatula.
3. Take some out from the pumpkin mixture, and shape it like a ball.
4. Coat with flour, egg, and bread crumb. You can double coat it by repeating egg and bread crumb.
5. With a chopstick, press the sides of the ball in. Press down 5 times evenly to get a pumpkin shape.
6. Fry until golden brown at 340F. Stir around occasionally to fry all sides.
7. You can make the stem of the pumpkin with an inside-out chocolate pocky. You can find “nude pepero” at Hmart or any Asian grocery stores.
8. Garnish with curly parsley for extra cuteness! Crunchy outside, soft inside.