Matcha makes Memorial Day memorable. This super easy recipe will make everyone happy in no time! There’s no matcha with this dish.
2pieces Thick Pork belly
1tbsp Matcha powder
3tbsp sake or soju or mirin
Dipping sauce :8tbsp water, 3tbsp fish sauce, 1ea chopped green pepper, 1/4ea chopped onion, 1tsp minced garlic, 1tbsp plum syrup(or 1tsp sugar)
Optional : garlic, rosemary, perilla leaves, radish kimchi
1. Score pork belly criss cross on both sides. Marinate the meat in matcha powder, mirin and black pepper for overnight.
2. Bring water and fish sauce to boil, when it’s boiling, turn off the heat. add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, minced garlic, and plum syrup. Mix well to make a dipping sauce.
3. Heat up a pan and sear pork belly on all sides over high heat until outside gets crispy and golden brown. It burns easily because of matcha powder, so keep your eyes on.
4. Bake in oven at 350F for 30mins. You can put some garlic and herbs with it. Flip once in the mid time.
5. Slice in bite sizes and serve with radish kimchi and grilled garlic. The matcha powder gives nice aromatic flavor and makes the meat super tender!