Protein packed tofu meets amazing sauce! Cut the carbs, not the flavor.
Ingredients (serving 2)
1 package firm tofu (cut into cubes)
8 ounces ground pork
½ medium onion, diced
1 each red & green chili pepper or bell pepper (sliced thinly)
2tbsp Chili oil
1/2tbsp Sesame oil
Starch water (starch mixed with water)
Sauce : 1/2tbsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp minced ginger (or ginger powder), 2tbsp mirin, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/2tbsp red pepper flakes, 1/2tbsp sugar, 1.5tbsp Doubanjiang, Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut tofu into cubes, dice onion and peppers. Chop scallion. Mix sauce ingredients.
2. Heat a pan and add 2tbsp of chili oil. Stir fry peppers, onion and scallion for 2-3mins, then add ground pork and sauce. Stir-fry until meat is cooked.
3. Pour water into the pot and bring it to boil. When it boils, add tofu. Boil for 2mins.
4. add starch water to make think consistency. Finish with sesame oil.
5. Garnish with scallion and serve with warm cooked rice! It’s a bowl full of goodness that fills you up without the carbs.