Kimchi stew is absolutely Lorena's No.1 national dish. It’s because every Korean has Kimchi in their fridge, it's very comforting and everyone loves it. There are many kinds of Kimchi stew, but with pork, is the most popular to enjoy it. Are you ready to learn how to make it, it's so easy.
Ingredients (serving size: 2)
5onces Pork Shoulder
1TBSP Hot pepper flakes
1TBSP Minced garlic
½ea Onion, sliced
Optional: cooked rice, instant ramen noodles
1. Cut pork and kimchi into cubes or small pieces (separately). In a pot, add 1TBSP of cooking oil and pork. Sauté them for 2minutes. Add garlic and crushed pepper, keep stirring.
2. Add onion, kimchi and red pepper flakes, sauté them with pork oil. Remember, if you want to cook kimchi with oil, pork oil is the best!
3. When kimchi has nice oily color, add 2cups water. You can add half cup of kimchi juice as well.
4. When the soup has reduced in half, add 2cups of water again. Add some chopped scallion and chili peppers. A small gesture, that makes the soup taste better. Save some for garnish too.
5. Let it boil for 5-10minutes. Serve with a bowl of warm rice.
6. Once you enjoyed the kimchi, pork and soup with rice, it’s time for ramen! Bring the leftover soup to boil, add ramen noodles, boil it until noodles get soft. It’s optional,but strongly recommended. It may be the best ramen in your life!