4 easy kimbaps. We'll show you some of our favorite ways of kimbap to enjoy it. Or you can create your own as well!
Ingredients(Serving size: 6 logs, 1~2 logs each kind)
6 sheets dry roasted seaweed
4 cups cooked rice
Rice seasoning : 3 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tbsp salt
Fillings : 1cup julienned carrot, 3~4 eggs, 3~5 strips ham, 2 strips cucumber, 3~4 lettuces or perilla leaves, 6 strips picked yellow radish
Special fillings : 1 tuna can, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 cup chopped kimchi, 1 tsp oil, 1 cup marinated bulgogi
Garnish : sesame oil, sesame seeds
1. Cook rice and add rice seasoning ingredients while rice is still hot. Toss them gently, and cover, let it cool.
2. Let’s prepare fillings. Make sure your ingredients are not watery! Julienne carrots, ham and cucumber into thick strips. Sauté each ingredient with a pinch of salt. Beat 3~4 eggs and fry, slice into strips as well. Wash lettuces or perilla leaves and pat dry.
3. If you just want the basic authentic kimbap, you can skip this step to prepare special fillings. Squeeze chopped kimchi to remove water and stir-fry it with 1 tsp oil until golden. Stir-fry bulgogi until it’s not watery anymore. Drain all of the oil or water from the tuna can and mix the tuna with mayo.
4. Place a piece of seaweed shiny side down, longer side toward you. Put about 2/3 cup of rice spreading evenly covering about 70% of seaweed. Use following fillings to create your own Kimbap!
• Vegetable : pickled radish, carrots, ham, cucumber, eggs
• Tuna : lettuces or perilla leaves, 2 tbsp tuna mixture with mayo, pickled radish, carrots
• Kimchi: lettuces or perilla leaves, cooked kimchi, eggs, ham
• Bulgogi : lettuces or perilla leaves, carrots, picked radish, bulgogi
5. Carefully roll over the filling to cover, tightly pressing down the edge with your fingers. This will secure the fillings to be in place. Slightly press and tightening as you rolling.
6. Drizzle sesame oil on your hand and rub around the surface of the Kimbap. This will add shine and glory. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and slice each Kimbap into about half inch.
Kimbap is so flavorful and perfect to pack up! Make it with family and friend! You'll think back as if it was a special occasion. So prepare Kimbap to take on the road, to the park, or wherever your travels take you!