Your new favorite Easter treat! Lighten up your Easter with fluffy, cute egg sushi. So much fun to make and delicious to eat.
Ingredients(serving size: 2)
1tbsp potato starch
3cups of rice
Rice sauce : 2tbsp vinegar, 1tbsp sugar, 1tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, mix warm cooked rice, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Mix lightly with a spatula. Cover with a linen and set aside.
2. Beat 5 eggs with sugar, salt, water, mirin, and potato starch with a whisk. Stir to get them as smooth as possible. Sift once or twice to get finer texture.
3. Over a well-oiled pan, pour little bit of egg mixture to cover the pan thinly. Spread as if you are making a crepe.
4. When the egg is cooked, roll it and move it to the back of the pan. Add more oil to the pan. Pour more of the mixture; make sure you get it under the roll. Repeat until you are out of mixture.
5. Take a bite-size from the rice bowl and shape into balls. Make sure you flatten the top to place the eggs.
6. Wrap the egg and rice with strips of seaweed paper. Tada! It’s all done. If you want to go extra cute and extraordinary, give little faces to eggs using seaweed paper.