French fries...Korean style!
Check out this legit fry recipe from the hippest food truck in Austin, TX!!!
“Survival turned into a dream, where I started thinking and believing
that we could start a restaurant… really translate my food-truck concept into a restaurant
and maybe be successful.”
Spicy Chicken Kimchi Fries / 매운 닭 김치 감자튀김
1 lb Spicy Chicken
1 lb 8 oz French Fries
8 oz Kimchi
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
1 cup Cheese
2 tbsp Onions
½ cup Magic Sauce
½ cup Sriracha Sauce
2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Spicy Chicken Marinade:
1 lb Chicken Thigh, boneless
½ lb Yellow Onion
2 oz Vinegar
2 oz Sugar
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Black pepper
½ cup Water
½ lb Gochujang Red Pepper Paste
2 oz Soy sauce
1 oz Gochugaru Red Pepper flakes
½ cup Lemon Lime Soda
½ cup Mayonnaise
1 oz Sriracha
2 tsp Shichimi Togarashi Seasoning
1. Blend all ingredients for the spicy chicken marinade in a blender until purred. Set aside.
2. Pan-fry chicken thigh in oil for 10 minutes on each side.
3. Remove chicken from pan, cover, and let rest for 10 additional minutes.
After chicken has rested, dice in to 1-1 1/2”.
4. Return chicken to heated and oiled pan and add spicy chicken marinade.
5. Cook until sauce has reduced and all chicken is fully coated. Set aside.
6. Deep fry or bake French fries until golden brown
(6-7 mins in the fryer or 20-25 mins in the oven.)
7. Meanwhile, caramelize kimchi in a pan with 1 teaspoon of oil. Set aside.
8. Place cooked fries on a plate or platter. Top fries with spicy chicken and
9. Top with shredded cheese.
10. In a zigzag motion, squeeze magic sauce over the cheese.
In the opposite direction, zigzag Sriracha sauce over Magic Sauce.
11. Top with chopped cilantro and finish with roasted sesame seeds!